Monday, December 27, 2010

D3DC: Day 16

Day #16: Your Favorite Classic

I'm going to be honest... I feel like at this point the 30 Day Challenge is starting to beat a dead horse. I feel like I am answering the same things over and over. But whatever I suppose.

I really think it would be helpful for this particular day (and tomorrow's) if classic was defined. I have decided that movies that are within the "Renaissance" period and onwards don't count as a classic. Mainly because I was alive for that period and if the movie has been created within my lifetime its not old enough to be a classic yet. Although I guess that is technically not true since The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin are definitely classic Disney movies in my eyes. But for the purpose of this entry and this challenge, pre-1980s = "classic".

After looking at a list of all of the Disney movies released, I have decided that the Jungle Book is my favorite classic Disney movie. King Louie is pretty much the coolest thing ever. One of my favorite random Disney facts is that King Louie was voiced and was based on Louis Prima. There is a really cool clip that describes King Louie's character development and the development of the song I Wanna Be Like You. King Louie is basically the most awesome characterture of Louis Prima.


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment