Monday, January 18, 2010

Traditions and Training!

Hello my loves! As the title says this post is going to be about Traditions and Training. YAAAAAAAY! :)

As almost everyone will tell you Traditions is wonderful. It is really a great way to get you energized about working for Disney and helping make the most magical place on earth that much more magical. You get to hear stories that definitely energize you and make you want to start training so you can get out into your work area. There are some surprises built into the day that are well... surprising and fun! Look forward to them because they will be something you talk about afterwards.

My have two big suggestions for traditions. One, DO NOT FORGET YOUR PICTURE ID!! That is very very important. It must be state issued too! I accidentally forgot mine and ended up having to return later in the afternoon to receive my Disney ID. It was quite a pain and could have been totally avoided if I had simply remembered my driver's license. Suggestion number Two!... follow the Disney look. Dress up! It is better to be safe than sorry. As the lead trainer for Entertainment told me you only have a few chances to really dress up... take advantage of them! It will also prevent you from having to run to Costuming or being turned away.

Now on to Training! I started my training two days after I completed Traditions aka Friday. The first two days were meat and potatoes information with the last three days being in the parks on the job training. I have had one trainer that has been with my group since Friday. Her name is Trina and she is super awesome. We have had a rotation of other trainers but yesterday and today we had a trainer named Jamson with us. I think I spelled his name right... Trina and Jamson are wonderful and have done a great job at making me feel really comfortable with my new job. Which by the way is a lot harder and more stressful than I think most people realize. I obviously can't really talk about all the things that we do but please remember that your Character Attendant is working very hard to help make your time with the Disney Characters very special. If you decide to tell them thank you, I am very sure they would appreciate it.

While training has been very fun it has been quite tiring. I literally went to bed last night at 9:30 pm. I would have gone to bed at like 8:30 but I had to take a shower. lol And in case anyone is wondering that was my transition to ending this post. I need to take a shower and get ready for bed. :)

Love you all!! (seriously I do. Promise)
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment