Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sounds Like Summer: 2U A Tribute to U2

Look another post! ... I guess when it rains it pours. 

So remember that post a while back where I said I wanted to go to some of the Sounds Like Summer concerts? Well I never really did remember to check and see when they were so I could go. But by chance I happened to be at Epcot on Tuesday evening and happened across the last performance of 2U the U2 tribute band. 

It just so happens that this was the same band that I saw last year with my friend Patrick. They were as good as they were last time although the lead singer was a bit more awkward than I remember him being. He does these like karate kick type things which are made very awkward by the fact that he is a slightly pudgy old guy. But he (and the rest of the band) sound great so it is well worth the effort to see them. 

I didn't have my camera with me so the only picture I got is off my phone from when I checked in at the theatre on Gowalla. 

2U A Tribute to U2 at Epcot for the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series

BTW did you know that Gowalla is the social media check-in site that has an official partnership with Disney? So you can actually check in on the rides and stuff and have little badges/passport things that go with the ride. This is the reason for my choice of Gowalla over Foursquare. Sad, but true. 

Anyways that is all for this post. I will get around to posting the random park pictures I have soon enough. Promise. :)

-M

1 comment: