Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Its a Bittersweet symphony, this life....

The clock is running on my final semester pre-DCP. I have just a few more days till I will no longer call myself a Resident Assistant of East Hall. It is a bittersweet experience to leave this job. On the one hand I am going to fulfill a dream. On the other I am leaving my girls. I will no longer really be able to call them mine. I will definitely always think of them that way though. I will miss parts of this job things like the community, both in the res hall and with the other RAs, and the wonderful interactions I get with my girls. I will not miss rounds 3 times a night every week, 24 hr duty, or the BS bureaucracy we have to put up with sometimes.

I will also really miss my friends. I will miss living in the same building with them and seeing them all the time. I will miss the things we would have done in the spring, like going to concerts, movies, or Barton Springs.

I shall miss SEU and the frisky little squirrels who reside here. Perhaps the parks will have some frisky squirrels too. :)

I think I will miss my cave the most. That lovely pitch black, put-your-hand-in-your-face-but-you-can't-see-it darkness, bedroom that has been mine for the last year and a half. I think it has probably spoiled me forever.

I don't want to sound like I am not looking forward to the CP, I totally am! I am looking forward to meeting the people that I have been chatting with since July. I am crazy excited about working and playing in the parks for the next 5 months. I am most definitely looking forward to making new Disney friends. Hopefully I will come back with new friends, new stories, and perhaps a few contacts to help me get a Disney job someday.

That is all for this post. I have to start packing to move out of my room in 4 days so the packing list will be posted in the near future! (Oh joy!)

30 days till I begin my trip to Orlando, 33 days till I check in. :D

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment