Friday, February 4, 2011

Waiiiting and Waiiiiiting and Waaaiiiiiiiting some more

Tick Tock goes the clock. 
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin into the future.

Ok so thats all I have in the way of song lyrics for today. Obviously this post is about the wonderful wait that is going on right now. A total of about 10 people have been invited to the program. The rest of us applicants are suffering through the wait. 

For the most part I haven't been really obsessing over the wait. I haven't checked my email any more than I usually do (not that this says much. I usually check my email like every 2 hours). I have been preoccupied with school. But that is starting to wear off. Especially today because for the first time in my life, there is legit snow outside and it is a snow day. 

So I am now quite.... agitated. I'm not freaking out but I an definitely antsy and agitated. I definitely think an invitation is coming for me. I can't imagine not being accepted to the program again. But I don't know when it will come. I am also afraid that I may not get to stay in entertainment. Really I am just nervous. Gack! I have no idea what I am feeling other than just being a bundle of emotions and nerves. 

In addition to the previous 10 (ish) Facebook group members that have already been accepted, 10 more people got accepted today. Several are people I would consider friends and part of my close D-fam. While I am happy for them, I am so jealous it's not even funny. I console myself with the fact that no one seems to have been accepted for the roles I want most aka those under the entertainment umbrella. Its been Merchandise, Attractions, QSFB, FSFB, Lifeguard, Housekeeping, and I believe thats it.

I was hoping that today would be the day I heard back. I heard back last time on a Friday. However it was at 3 weeks and this week was at 2. For whatever reason I just expect that I will receive notification on a Friday. It could happen on another day, but I will now set my sights for next Friday.

So I will bide my time. Listen to the tick tock noise that my internal clock makes. Watch the time slip away as I dream and wait.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment