Monday, October 11, 2010

Why do you love the Disney College Program?

So I was stalking the dis boards college program thread ( a everyday occurrence for me now) and someone asked the question "Why do you love the Disney College Program?" This was my response and I liked it so much I decided to post it here.
"Where to start? B/c seriously the CP was the best 7 months of my life.

Going to see the last nighttime space shuttle launch and not getting home until 7am the next morning (it didn't even end up launching lol)

Watching Wishes with my training group friends the night of our last day of training

Watching wishes with those same training group friends on our last night as CPs.

Meeting Chip and Dale in their rescue ranger outfits and pretty much all of the welcome parties.

Regularly getting to ride on golfcarts (pargos) with world famous celebrity characters like Mickey Mouse.

Seeing the joy on children (and adults) faces when they meet their favorite character.

Getting paid to play with characters everyday

Dancing with Characters while working the Rock-N-Glow dance parties.

Learning the Hoedown Throwdown with Chip, Dale, and Pluto for the Rock-N-Glow dance party.

Watching Buzz and Woody have a dance off and then do the single ladies dance all while onstage.

Going to the parks whenever you want.

Seeing Joey Fatone, a childhood idol, while working. Really more importantly being within 5 feet of him. It was a bit of a spazz out moment.

Watching SpectroMagic with friends, screaming characters names and getting lots of character attention because of it.

Singing and dancing to High School Musical 3 and the Power Rangers music.

Meeting Chewbacca and an Ewok.

Seeing Darth Maul and Darth Vader walking around back stage. That never got old.

Going to Epcot for my 21st birthday and watching Illuminations with friends.

Dancing like a fool to Block Party Bash and getting to dance like a fool in the parade a few times

Meeting my best friend who I call my twin. I donno how I lived without him in my life.

Meeting, working with, and making friends with some of the most amazing people ever.

Honestly the people you meet and the friends you make are probably the best part of the CP. Working for Disney is amazing but the bonds you make while there are truly something special. I love my D-fam and I know I will be friends with many of them for the rest of my life."


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment