Monday, August 2, 2010

The end is near... oh wait it already ended...

"My 7 month season with the mouse is coming to a close. My days are numbered... 9 to be exact. The fact that I am leaving just makes my heart heavy. I don't want to leave this magical place yet. I don't want to leave the wonderful people I have met. I just dont know how I am going to survive the next couple of weeks."

So that was the beginning of a post I never finished. Per usual. lol And I can say that leaving Disney is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Now that may sound a bit melodramatic but I am serious. I didn't have a hard time going off to college and I didn't have a hard time leaving college (and friends and fam) to go to Orlando. But leaving Orlando was incredibly difficult, painful, and sad. I'm not one of those crazy Disney people whose life revolves around the Mouse Man and all that his company entails. I simply loved my job, the people I worked with, the friends I collected, and the life that I made in Orlando.

I have left a part of myself in Orlando and already have plans to reunite myself with it in a little over a year. Thats right folks. If I haven't already said it to you or written it in this blog somewhere (I'm far to lazy to go back through and read to see if I have) I am going to apply for the Fall 2011 program. I might perhaps do a Fall Advantage. It just kind of depends if I can manage to graduate on time in May or if I have to take an extra class or two in the summer.

So as I predicted when I started this blog (way back in November of 09. That is like 9 months ago!) I am not just going to have one season with the Mouse. But at least 2. Go me for having the foresight to put that 's' at the end of season. I obviously wont be able to do another college program after this next one but who knows if I will stay with the Mouse for a few years and try to make a real job out of something I love. Then that 's' might really come in handy.

Because I am so Disney obsessed I have already joined the Fall/Fall Advantage 2011 group. I actually joined it back in June. I am already posting like a fiend in that group and have also joined the chats. I love that anticipation feeling. I love talking to people who are just as excited about the program, Disney, and the thought of working at the happiest place on earth.

The only difference this time around is that I know exactly what I am getting myself into. I know how wonderful the program can be if you put the effort in. I also know what I am going to do different this time. I am going to take the time to do non-Disney things. I am going to not be a bum and turn down offers to hang out with people after work. I am also going to take advantage of the fact that some Spring 2010 people who I should have hung out with more are going to do Fall 2011. I'm going to actually hang out with those people! (That means you Marina, Lauren, Joey, and Karen!)

Maybe for my next post (which will of course come like 2 months from now.) I will make a list of the things I am going to do that I didn't do the first time around. Because honestly looking forward to going back is about the only thing keeping me from the black pit of despair that leaving opened up.

That is all for now. I am hoping posting in this blog will help fill my Disney void. I guess we shall see.
:)
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment