Thursday, May 20, 2010

The end is near... or is it just a new beginning?

So I am basically the worst blogger known to man. Its true. I haven't updated in like 5 years and so much has happened. The end of my college program has come and gone. I'm still in Orlando though. I currently have a bunch of free time though so perhaps I can convince myself to write a whole lot of entries in the next few days to catch up.

I guess the most important thing to write about is the fact that I am staying in Orlando for a few more months. My plan coming into the program was to leave in May at the end of my program and return to Austin. I thought that I would live in my new apartment and take classes at ACC over the summer. I didn't finalize the living arrangements until like February or March. When registration time rolled around I found out that my roomie wouldn't be in Austin over the summer. I totally can't afford rent on my own so my plan for living in Austin over the summer went down the drain.

I kinda assumed I would be in Austin taking the 2 classes I need to stay on track to graduate in May. By the time I realized that wasn't going to work I it was to late to extend my program. When everyone started getting responses about their extension requests I kicked myself for not extending. At that point I thought I would be living in Houston at home over the summer taking at least one of the classes I needed online and trying to find a job. I decided I didn't want to go home to that boring situation and found a way to stay in Orlando just a bit longer.

My solution? Become a seasonal ("casual temporary") cast member. I talked to my manager and based on my record card I was already on a list to automatically roll into seasonal status. So I could just give open availability until the date I wanted to leave and be placed on the schedule. I had to find someplace to live since I couldn't stay in CP housing after my program end date. I searched around, thought I had found something, discovered it was super far away, kept searching and then eventually found something.

I currently reside in a house in Davenport, Fl which is about 20 mins away from work. I live with 3 other girls who are all former CPs. Allison owns the house and works with the Disney Vacation Club and does room pricing (or something like that...) Lauren is doing a professional internship and is a manager in one of the resorts ( I can't remember which one at the moment). Brittney, like me, just finished her CP although she had extended her program. I am not sure exactly what she is doing now but I know she worked in a resort.

For the most part I like the living arrangements so far. I didn't give availability far enough in advance to be put on the schedule for the last week. So I haven't worked in a week and am not scheduled to work till Saturday. I have never wanted to work so badly in my whole entire life. I am pretty much bored out of my mind. My CP id expired on the 14th and I was not able to get a new one until the 16th but because that was a Sunday and Access Control is not open Sat or Sun I had to wait until Monday to get my id. That meant I couldn't go to any of the parks. :P That SUCKED! But on Monday I went with my friend Josh to Access Control and got my new pretty red ID that says Marion is a seasonal cast member. yay! :) eventually I will take a pic of it and post it on here for everyone to see.

I feel like this post is long enough so I will write a separate one about the last couple of days of my CP.

<3 you all!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment