Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Guest Relations Update

Hey loves! Sorry it has been a while but I am back to update!

I have been in Guest Relations a little over a month now. My TA was extended from its original end date of 8/25 to 9/29. Since I got my TA in a down time I haven't worked quite as much as I would have liked which is a real pain when I'm also not getting very many hours through Sea World. (waah waaaaaah)

Over all it has been a good experience. At first I was always anxious and dreaded going into work. That sounds horrible but I think it was really because I felt like I didn't know what I was doing. I still feel like I don't really know what I am doing but I am more comfortable than I was. Unlike what most people think, guest relations isn't really all about helping unhappy guests. A lot of what we do has to deal with Tickets (lost tickets, demagnified tickets, adding days to tickets, selling tickets, etc.). We also help make dining reservations, are in charge of lost and found, and do all sorts of other things that have nothing to do with unhappy guests. To be completely honest I prefer those things so much more than unhappy guests because I get far more anxious trying to make things right again for our guests.

Outside of the work aspect Guest Relations has been really awesome. My coworkers are a really great bunch of people. They are all super helpful always willing to teach me how to do things. It is such a change to actually know my managers and leaders. The coordinators know who I am and so do the managers. I have a homeroom manager who meets with me and is actually interested in getting to know me and my goals. That is such a positive change.

Overall its been pretty good. I will update again in the not so distant future as I have things in the works. :)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment